Survival Frog is always looking for highly motivated, creative thinkers to join our team!
If you love problem solving, moving fast, and failing forward see our open jobs bellow or send your resume to email@example.com.
For current open positions click the dropdown arrow for full desciption and follow the directions to apply!
Content Creator Specialist
First, you must follow the directions at the bottom of the job description.
Who You Are
If you are passionate about creating engaging content, then you are in the right place. The perfect fit for this position is someone that is results-oriented, has a high charging personality and enjoys building an influenceable brand. You will have a major impact on the “voice” of the brand and the amazing content generated for our loyal customers. You will grow and develop new skills and have adventures you've likely never had before. The sky is the limit for the right person.
Who We Are
Survival Frog is a leader in outdoor and survival gear sold online. We’re a small business with fewer than 10 employees where we foster a fun, yet challenging work environment. If you are not highly motivated to dig in and learn how an e-commerce company operates, then this job isn’t for you. We have big plans for the future, so get ready for a fun ride.
Our culture is based around learning & growing, and we take 100% responsibility for our work and results. We are highly focused, efficient, and crystal clear on our top priorities. We have the courage to say, ‘I don't know’, the motivation to learn fast, and the willingness to make mistakes along the way, and learn from them. We clear the air quickly and don’t put up with drama.
Survival Frog is a virtual company – we have an office but choose to work remotely most of the time. There is daily communication (Slack/Trello/Phone) and we have weekly or monthly meetings in person. Other in-person events include annual retreats, camping trips and other fun activities. This is a part-time contract position with the potential to move into a full-time employee position. We give flexibility in how you hit your 20 or 40 hours.
Survival Frog prides itself on creating happy customers (very, very happy) which can be seen from our Google reviews, Amazon reviews and on-site product reviews. We are fanatics about creating an Amazing Buying Experience for our customers. We do fun and slightly weird things to get the attention of our existing customers, so they tell their friends. If you like the outdoors, hiking, camping, or have a little bit of prepper in you, then you'll love our products at SurvivalFrog.com.
Our Core Values Are:
Proactive - All In - Balanced Life.
The 3 keys to success in this role
- Move fast, be efficient, and produce a lot of content. Project management skills are critical.
- Optimizing for higher conversions, and more engaging content through split testing. The data shows us the way, so you should have a love for excel and be curious in how we can track data and optimize content
- Know the industry well. We need an expert who brings ideas and resources to help the company expand its content.
- Create engaging video content from start to finish for social media, paid advertisements, and our website.
- Create engaging graphics for social media, paid advertisements, and our website.
- Survival gear product testing to learn best uses and how to highlight top features.
- Collaborate with other content creators on script production
Learn how to think about and evaluate the data of the content you are producing.
- Passionate about content creation!
Understand our core demographic, preppers!
- Lover of all things social, with a knowledge of all the latest digital marketing trends & platforms.
- Comfortable writing short-form copy & video scripts
- Excels with Adobe Creative Suite or other Video & Graphic editing softwares.
- Excited about a start-up environment, meaning you’re down with a bit of ambiguity and open to jumping in whenever and wherever.
Contract position: Compensation is $25-$35 per hour depending on experience.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, subject line “Your Next Content Creator!”
- In the email answer the 3 questions below:
- Are you comfortable in front of the camera?
- How will you understand our core demographic (e.g. Preppers/Outdoor Enthusiast)?
- Please share link to your most viral content created and why you think it "worked"