Can you answer these basic SHTF survival questions on your own without looking them up?
Hopefully you can because if you found yourself in a “stuff hits the fan” situation tomorrow then this knowledge could mean the difference between life or death!
Take this quick quiz to see if you possess some of the most basic knowledge it takes to survive the first few days or weeks of a crisis scenario. Don’t worry if you have to look up the answers (we won’t tell anyone)…just share the BEST answers with everyone!
IMPORTANT: Leave Your Answers in the Comments Section Below and Bookmark This Page in Your Browser for Later!
2. If you find yourself stranded in the wilderness most experts agree that one of the requirements from the first question is the first priority over the others. Which one?
3. How long can the average human live without food? How about water?
4. How much water does the average adult require per day?
5. What is the best tool for starting a fire?
6. A sharp, reliable ________ is arguably the single most important tool you can invest in for your survival pack.
7. A tarp should also be a part of every bug out pack because it has dozens of potential uses. Can you name the top 5?
8. How do you tell direction without a compass?
9. What’s an easy way to tell time without a watch?
10. Is it ever OK to drink urine for survival? Seriously — is it??
We’re looking to see who has the best answers to share with the Survival Center community, so sound off in the comments section below!
We know our readers are some of the “sharpest tools in the shed” so we can’t wait to see your responses to the questions in this SHTF survival quiz.
Be sure to also tag your Facebook friends in your comment so they can chime in with their answers too.
1. Water, Shelter, Fire, Food. 2. Shelter. 3. 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food. 4. At least 1 gallon. 5. Bic lighter. 6. Knife. 7. Shelter, ground cover, Rain catchment, Wind break, Heat reflector from fire. 8. By the sun and by the stars. 9. By the position of the sun. 10. NO!
1. Shelter, Water, Fire, Food
3. Without Food: 3-4 weeks (perhaps longer).
Without Water: 2-3 days (but depends on conditions; could survive possibly a week).
4. Average Adult Water Intake: Men = 13-15.5 cups (about 1 gallon) / Women = 9-11 Cups (1/2-2/3 gallon)
5. Lighter (or Flint/Steel)
7. Shelter/Tent, Rain Cover, Water Collector, Ground Cover, Wind Breaker
8. Sun during the day. Locating North Star at night.
9. Can roughly tell using the Sun (or the North Star at night).
10. No (it will dehydrate you and expose you to toxins that can have adverse affects).
1. Water, food, shelter and fire. 2. water. 3. water 3 days, food 7 days. 4. 8 glasses, 5 matches, or flint and steel. 6. knife. 7. food, protection, warning, deterant, 8. sun. moss on trees, stars, and your watch. 9. make a sun diel. 10. no t will only make you sick in the long run.
1. Food, water, shelter, umm my dog? 2.Shelter? & a fuzzy blankie! 3. Up to a month w/o food, only 3 days w/o water 4.Crap! Enough to make coffee? 5. A flint? 6. A knife 7. makeshift tent, collect rain water, ..crap again! 8. Facing the sun should be east if high, west if low? 9. ask somebody that’s NOT holding a gun 10. yes? but it does make lousy coffee
Shelter, fire. water and food. Shelter first. About 60 days without food and 3 days without water both depend on varying factors. Sex, age, weight and water consumption to name a few. 4 to 6 cups a day. Best tool for fire is whatever gets the job done with least amount of energy expended. #6- knife. #7- shelter, wind break, ground cover, water collection and cordage. #8- Sun. #9-position of the sun. #10 is a no.