Cyalume 12-Hour Green Lightstick 500-Case
Arrives before Christmas*
- 12 hours of soft green light
- Instant Light-just bend, snap and shake to activate
- Does NOT contain Dibutyl Phthalates that China made lightsticks contain (Banned in California, read article below)
- Does not generate any heat, sparks or flame
- Available in a wide variety of colors, sizes and shapes
- No batteries to change or throw away
- No special handling, shipping or disposal requirements
- Lightweight and dependable
- 360º light generation, rather than a “spot” light
- Not affected by wind or rain
- Floats in water
- Does not attract insects
- Numerous patents protect various technologies/formulation
- Great for emergencies, camping, automotive use, etc.
- Guaranteed 5 year shelf life from the date of manufacture
- Case of 500 lightsticks
November 1, 2007 - Cyalume Technologies, the world leader in special purpose light, said its SnapLights and ChemLights are made in the U.S. and contain none of the chemicals that have been banned by federal and state regulators in California. The company made its reassuring amidst growing concern about Chinese-made glow sticks. Chinese products contain dibutyl phthalates - a chemical that has been banned from California and has been linked to cancer and reproductive defects.
Cyalume Technologies products have earned the highest levels of certification possible from the United States Coast Guard and the United States Military. The company is the sole provider of ChemLights to the US military and NATO. Firefighters, police and the American Red Cross also use Cyalume products because of the company's reputation for quality and excellence.
Cyalume®, the world’s leader in chemical light technology, manufactures dependable, lightweight instant sources of light. Cyalume® light products identify, signal, warn and protect for use in a wide variety of commercial safety, emergency and military markets.
On January 23, 2006, the military/safety division of OmniGlow® Corporation, located in West Springfield, Massachusetts, became Cyalume® Technologies, Inc., a separate entity able to concentrate on offering safe lightstick products for use in home safety and military applications.
Cyalume® Lightsticks, which have been sold to the military for decades and are known by generations of servicemen and women as Chem-Lights, remain the backbone of the business. While we are still providing the military with contracted Cyalume® products, many new products are being developed for both the military and the consumer markets. As we go forward the retail safety is becoming one of the focal points of the new organization. Bigger, brighter lightsticks which provide a room full of light are the products of the future.
Technologically speaking, Chemiluminescence (“chemical light”) is the primary technology used to produce Cyalume® and Snaplight® light products. When two chemical systems are combined in a controlled environment, they product light-similar to the way a firefly generates light. Chemiluminescence was developed by American Cyanamid in the 1950’s for the U.S. Government specifically to illuminate at-sea refueling of its battle fleet. The technology has been adapted for other uses where safe, reliable light is required.